Egg Harbor Township Homes For Sale
Start Your Egg Harbor Township Home Search Here! Egg Harbor Township was named by the New Jersey Pinelands Commission as a designated growth area. Bestowed with a “License to Grow” — Egg Harbor Township did not disappoint. Unprecedented growth. Fueled by the Casino and FAA expansion, build they did! It is always open to debate the net gains of rapid expansion verses the pressures of that growth (40% growth rate over the past decade). One thing is clear, Egg Harbor Township has location on its side. You are literally minutes away from everything, shopping, schools, boating, and beaches. In the end, planned growth is good. The 08234 zip code is highly coveted. Good schools, good housing, and good people!
GREAT EGG HISTORY
Eggs! Eggs!…Everywhere! Great Egg Harbor got its name from Dutch explorer Cornelius May. In 1614, Mey sailed into the inlet at the Great Egg Harbor River. The marsh-lands were so covered with shorebird and waterfowl eggs that he called it “Eieren Haven” Egg Harbor!
COMMUNITIES OF EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP
Egg Harbor Township includes the communities of Bargaintown (the township’s seat of government), Cardiff, English Creek, Farmington, Scullville (formerly known as Jeffers), Steelmanville and West Atlantic City, and part of McKee City.
The Atlantic County Police Training Center is located in English Creek. A division of the Department of Public Safety, the Training Center offers dozens of courses ranging from criminal investigation, crash scene investigation, terrorism training, defensive tactics, and firearms training.
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP EDUCATION
The Egg Harbor Township Schools serve public school students in Kindergarten through twelfth grade. District Elementary Schools are the Davenport Complex, the Slaybaugh Complex, the H. Russell Swift School serving students for grades PreK-3, Dr. Joy D. Miller School educating students in grades 4-5, the Alder Avenue Middle School, the Fernwood Avenue Middle School, grades 6-8, along with Egg Harbor Township High School with 2,500+ students grades 9-12.
Great Golf and Egg harbor Township are synonymous. During the golf course construction boom in the 1990’s, several distinguished courses were constructed. Notable courses…
- Harbor Pines offers quite a challenge. “High End” homes are intermingled along its manicured fairways.
- Twisted Dune provides an authentic “Links” course design. Players feel that this gem has a distinctly different Irish-Scottish golfing experience. With wide open fairways, tricky powerful winds, remarkable grass mounds and bunkers, vast natural waste areas, and true undulating greens, players will be reminded of the challenge and allure of true British Isles golf.
- McCullough’s Emerald Golf Links — was built atop the old municipal landfill. The course architect Stephen Kay had the monumental task of weaving the “Links” style course holes around 150 metal hexagon shaped methane gas vents. The mound of buried garbage create unique elevations not typically found in South Jersey. The holes are replica holes from famous golf courses in France, Ireland, and Scotland.
- Ballamor. A change in business philosophy prompted this one private golf course into the public domain. Golf Magazine has rated consistently Ballmor in the top echelons of public courses in New Jersey. Sculpted from dense pine woods, players are beholden to the natural landscape of the property. A true golf test and an expose in beauty.
- Green Tree Golf Course is an affordable municipal course on Somers Point May Landing Road. Its a regulation 18 hole, par 72, 5,600 yard course that is renowned for having one of the few par 6 holes in the Northeast (hole #3, from the tips 676 yards). The course is known for its tight, tree lined fairways and its excellent greens.
FAA TECHNICAL CENTER
Since 1958, The FAA William J. Hughes Technical Center (Technical Center) is one of the nation’s premier aviation research, development, test and evaluation facilities. World-class laboratories and top-notch engineering place the Technical Center at the forefront of the FAA’s challenge to modernize the U.S. air transportation system.
The Technical Center has created thousands of jobs and serves as the FAA national scientific test base for research and development for air traffic control, enhancements to communications, and airport safety and security.
The Technical Center is responsible for many of the innovations (seen and unseen) on today’s modern aircraft. Fire retardant fuselage materials, stronger, fireproof seats, illuminated strips on the floor leading to the exits, and training shatterproof materials to prevent sharp edges if impacted.
The Center also provides 24-hour, daily operational support to the FAA field facilities all over the country. Center specialists diagnose problems and make software changes so that critical systems remain operational.
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP MARINAS
HIGH END HOMES EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP